Visa Application Process

After admitted students commit to studying at Pitt as either an international exchange or guest student from the Study Abroad Office, students will receive information from the Office of International Services (OIS) regarding the overall visa application process.  As non-degree-seeking, international students, exchange or guest, will typically receive a J-1 visa status for the duration of study. OIS will then direct you to initiate the overall visa process through their online portal Visit the J-1 Visa Exchange Visitor Program website for general information as well as a list of required documents for the application.